I am a naturopathic doctor in Madison who mission is to help you be pain free and symptom free.
Most people come to see me when they are not getting better with conventional medicine and/or they are tired or getting more medications without actually treating the disease.
Treating Pain: Growing up as an athlete and distance runner, it was my mission to learn about how to be pain free so I could continue doing what I love for as long as possible. This mission led me down a path that I never thought I would be on, but boy am I glad it did. Through natural and alternative medicine, I have been able to heal myself and many others from acute and chronic pain.
What I have learned and use with my patients is the following:
- Nutrition is the foundation for a healthy body and the body’s ability to repair tissue and reduce inflammation
- Dry needle Trigger Point therapy is insanely effective for improving range of motion and decreasing pain in joints, muscles, and tendons
- Acupuncture is great for resetting neurotransmitters involved with pain signaling, as well as relieving tension in muscles
- Infrared Lasers are great for helping tissue repair and relieving disc pain
- Supplementation, when given appropriately in the forms or vitamins, minerals, and herbs are great adjuncts to accomplish our goal of reducing pain and inflammation
Conditions I treat are:
- Acute sports injuries
- Shoulder Pain
- Lower Back Pain
- Tension Headaches
- Illiotibial (IT) Band Syndrome
- Arthritic Pains
- Knee Pain
Chronic Diseases: While I love treating patients who are in pain, I also love treating chronic illnesses. Typically, people come see me when they are not getting the results that they want with conventional medicine and/or are tired of being on medications.
My approach to treating chronic illness is the following:
- Nutrition counseling with a goal of avoiding foods we are reacting too and restoring nutrient deficiencies. This is done through blood testing.
- Removing toxins from our body that may be from foods we eat or the environment. We may test for heavy metals and do a detox if appropriate.
- Evaluating hormones through either blood or salivary testing in effort to restore healthy functioning of the endocrine system.
- Re-establishing a healthy gut microbiome. Most people are surprised to hear that about 90% of your immune system is in your gut, and that it interacts with your neurotransmitters, both of which are imperative for a healthy body.
- Reducing stress from emotional and physical factors.
Some of the common conditions that I treat are:
- Chronic Pain
- Skin Conditions
- Diabetes and hypoglycemia
Call now to set up an appointment: 203-548-0572