To assess your condition and provide the best treatment plan, I use blood work and functional medical labs to look at hormones involved with energy, metabolism, blood sugar control, inflammation, toxicity, as well as blood work to assess nutrient status and food sensitivities.
Examples of function labs includes:
- Salivary hormone testing
- Urinary neurotransmitter testing
- Hair heavy metal analysis
- Blood nutrient status
- Blood food intolerance testing
The treatment modalities include:
1. Herbal Medicine: This is the use of safe, gentle, and effective plant medicines that have been used for centuries to guide and restore healthy function in the body.
2. Nutrition: We will use labs and a clinical history to determine the best diet to support your unique needs. Vitamin and mineral supplementation is often used as well to overcome deficiencies.
3. Acupuncture: This is an ancient Chinese medicine that uses very small needles inserted at specific locations on the body that restore balance, reduce inflammation, and promote relaxation.