Frequently Asked Questions
- How long are the visits? The initial visit is 1.5 hours. During this time, we will go over your history extensively and start discussing treatment. Treatments can be very involved and I want to be sure you understand the instructions fully in order to get the best results. The follow up visits are 1 hour during which, we will review labs and make changes accordingly. Unfortunately, while you may start feeling better right away, healing takes time.
- Do I take insurance? I am an out of network provider. The payment is due at the time of the visit. I can give you a super bill with the insurance codes on it so you can submit it. Contact your insurance provider and ask if they will cover an out of network naturopathic doctor for codes 99204 and 99214.
- Do you take credit cards? Yes, all credit cards and HSA (prepaid insurance) cards are accepted. Cash and check are preferred.
- What tests will be run? Generally I run a comprehensive Quest panel on patients. This is typically covered by your insurance (except medicare). Other tests using private specialty labs include food sensitivity, salivary hormones and neurotransmitters, fatty acids, hair mineral and toxic elements, and gut microbiology testing. All the private labs are out of pocket (HSA often accepted). They range from $50 to $350.
- What is a typical treatment plant like? The treatments plans are always unique to your case. I will often provide essential dietary changes, stress management techniques, detox strategies and lab testing, vitamins and minerals, and herbal supplements. Sometimes I will incorporate acupuncture into your plan as well.
- How long does it take to feel better? Most patients feel improvements in symptoms right away. For IBS patients, they tend to feel better within days; Healing often takes 3-6 months. For infertility patients, generally it takes 3-6 months for hormones to rebalance. I have had patients get pregnant right away and others take up to a year. For autoimmune disease, which is the most complex, healing generally takes a year.
- Where are you located? The office is inside Shoreline Chiropractic, which is located at 92 Wall Street, suite 101. This is the largest building in Clarity Commons in Madison. On the ground floor, the office is the corner office with orange in the windows. The door is NOT in the main Clarity entrance.
- How do I get to the office? From New Haven, take 1-95 North to exit 61. Take a right at the end of the ramp. Go straight through two lights. At the second light, take a left onto Bradley Street. Take it to the end. Take a quick right. Clarity Commons is on your left.
From Old Saybrook, take 1-95 South to exit 62. Take a right at the end of the ramp and a quick left onto New Road. At the end of New Rd, take a left over the train tracks. Take a left at the stop sign paralleling the train tracks. This road turns left and becomes Wall Street. Turn left into Clarity Commons.
10. Do I work with patients remotely? In line with the CT laws, the first visit must be in person, which I prefer in order to get to know you. The other visits can be on the phone if you are not able to get to the office.