Frequently Asked Questions
- How long are the visits? Please see the services and prices page.
- Do I take insurance? I am an out of network provider. The payment is due at the time of the visit. I can give you a super bill with the insurance codes on it so you can submit it. Contact your insurance provider and ask if they will cover an out of network naturopathic doctor for codes 99204 and 99214.
- Do you take credit cards? Yes, all credit cards and HSA (prepaid insurance) cards are accepted. Cash and check are preferred.
- What tests will be run? Generally I run a comprehensive Quest panel on patients. This is typically covered by your insurance (except medicare). Other tests using private specialty labs include food sensitivity, nutritional evaluation, salivary hormones and neurotransmitters, fatty acids, hair mineral and toxic elements, and gut microbiology testing. All the private labs are out of pocket (HSA often accepted). They range from $50 to $300.
- What is a typical treatment plant like? Please see the services and prices page.
- How long does it take to feel better? Most patients feel improvements in symptoms right away, and that is the goal. In general, for treating chronic diseases, the rule of thumb is that it takes approximately 1 month for every year you have been ill.
- Where are you located? In the soon to be Madison Wellness Center located at 85 Wall Street in downtown Madison.
- Do I work with patients remotely? In line with the CT laws, the first visit must be in person. The other visits can be on the phone if you are not able to get to the office.