Chocolate Chip Cookies are one of my 2 year old daughter’s favorite foods. She likes to have one daily if they are around, so I needed to create a delicious recipe that is full of healthy ingredients. Give them a try! I think you’ll love them, guilt free…
Serving: About 12 (if you don’t eat too much batter!)
Prep Time: 10 minutes Bake time: 9-10 minutes
Preheat oven to 350F
- 1 cup of sprouted spelt or whole wheat flour (both can be found at Stop and Shop)
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 cup of date palm sugar
- 1/2 cup of apple butter (or applesauce)
- 1 TB of melted ghee
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips (we use dairy free, vegan)
- 1/2 cup gluten free rolled oats
Put everything together in a large mixing bowl. The dough can be a bit sticky, but they hold up well in the oven.
Place cookies on parchment paper so they do not stick to the cookie sheet.
Bake in the heated oven for 9-10 minutes. Be sure not to over cook them.
They taste best while hot. I hope you enjoy these as much as we do!